Saturday, November 2, 2013

For God's sake, do you duty.

     During my sophomore and junior year of high school I was required to read To Kill a Mockingbird  and I hated it and the movie. Naturally when I saw it on this list I cried with fear however, I don't know if the last four years have changed me that much or this is the first time I truly watched this film. The movie is told by a young girl named Scout which is an effective median. But, the real story is about her dad Atticus Finch (Gregory Peck) and how he is the only man in the town who will defend a black man. This movie is very deep and touching and may make you cry.

       The acting in this movie is amazing and earned Atticus Finch the top spot on AFI's hero list. The movie is also number one on their courtroom drama list. This movie has a great set and a great soundtrack and all that jazz but it isn't the greatness of the film I want to talk about but why Roger Ebert didn't give it four stars. He said that Atticus shouldn't be the main focus but the black man should. I agree but Ebert should know that the kids are telling the story and don't cay about the black man. But, that's just one reason

      This movie is great and may be one of the best movies ever. It is for those who need a little happiness in their life. This movie is the good to the bad and one needs to see it to believe it. There is nothing bad I have to say about this movie because it is just so good. Enjoy this movie because you can't not unless your in high school, or Ebert but even he knows this is a great movie

Ebert's score 2.5 stars

Tyler's score 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment