Tuesday, September 24, 2013

A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it

    
     Ah the wild wild west it was a simpler time when you could tell a man's character just by the color of his hat. It was a time when an old gun slinger could give up his old life and just till the earth until trouble comes around. I'm talking about Shane a man with a bad past who's just trying to be good.  Until someone tries to stop him. So strap on your spurs as we go back to the wild west.

     All bad jokes aside this movie is probably my least favorite out of all the one's I've seen so far and by no means is a great movie. I'll start out by saying the Western isn't my favorite genre but there are some things I demand in my Western tales. For starters this movie just isn't grand enough to be on this list. The characters are boring and the small boy joey is just annoying. This feels like a movie of the week type of film. This movie also had terrible pacing, a movie should flow well this one made me check my clock one to many times (which is once).

     I have beef with this story not going anywhere until the last ten minutes and then it just ends kind off unsatisfactory. This movie had a lot of potential to really bite at you and a barely felt a nimble. The movie just felt to drab for me when it could have been this big force. It's not an adventure story so I was expecting some dryness but this movie had almost no meat. There were a few saying point a great fight, a good speech, and a very good use of the setting. This movie isn't terrible it's kind of like a big mac. There's taste and you can't deny the taste but it's not a steak.

 Ebert's score 4 stars.

 Tyler's score 2 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment