Friday, September 27, 2013

The Dude abides

   I've seen  The Big Lebowski about five times and every time I've laughed a bit but it's never been my favorite Coen Brothers movie that spot goes to  No Country for Old Men but I won't deny that this movie is funny. However, this time my eyes were opened and I saw this movie for what it is a great movie. The movie follows "The Dude" as he searches for a new rug, his rug was peed on because he shares a name with a millionaire whose wife owes money to some gangsters. "The dude" is then hired by "the big Lebowski" to get his wife back while all the dude wants to do is bowl with his buddies.

     This movie took me a while but it's so funny I almost died every time Walter (John Goodman) said anything because how serious he was about telling Donny (Steve Buscemi) to shut the f--- up. This movie is just so different that one might be put off by it but you have to give it a chance and you have to give it a few views because there is genius here.

     The soundtrack is also quite grand and I was shocked by how well it complemented the movie which is a weird thing to say but they just worked so well together. The acting in this movie deserves praise Jeff Bridges was outstanding as the Dude and Philip Seymour Hoffman was excellent as the nervous assistant to the big Lebowski. If you haven't seen this one check it out and give it some time you'll be glad you did. because it really ties the room together.

Ebert's score 4 stars

Tyler's score 4 stars

1 comment: