Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Children of the Night

     Dracula is one of the classic monster movies and oddly enough a possible classic love story. I will come out and say that this is my least favorite of my Universal monster movie and it's not because of anything terrible. The only reason its not top on my list is because it's just not the best. The story's plot is well known enough Dracula goes to England and finds a girl he likes. His crazy minion gets locked up in the loony bin and Van Helsing finds out. The rest is history.

     The thing I have never been able to get over is how cool the sets look in these old films. The castle is huge and looks dark and evil. The loony bin looks like what one might look like I've never been in one yet. The score is very spooky sounding and that's nothing that should surprise anyone.

      The acting is almost as recognizable as the film. Admit it that one Halloween you went as a vampire you automatically tried to sound like Bela Lugosi. This movie is also on instant stream. Watch it I recommend it but there is something about it that doesn't make it a four star movie. I think that it's how unsatisfying the ending is. There needs to be an epilogue.

Ebert's score 4 stars

Tyler's score 3.5 stars  

No comments:

Post a Comment