Thursday, September 19, 2013

That's all folks.

     As a kid I can remember waking up every Saturday to watch cartoons. Most of the time it was Batman or the Ninja turtles and on occasion it was the kids from Rocket Power that occupied my day. However there was and is one cartoon that is above all others (besides the old Disney shorts) and this was Looney Tunes. Today i was tired from doing homework and decided to watch the shortest of all the movies on this list which is a collection of three cartoons by Chuck Jones. An I have to say I was blown away by the complexity of these cartoons.

      The three cartoons are What's opera Doc, Duck Amuck, and One Froggy Evening. Ebert talked about how when he was a kid they used to play these before the movies like the previews of today. And that is honestly the most brilliant idea ever. if you think about it a movie starts ten to fifteen minutes after the start time because all of the previews are two minutes long. These cartoons would take that time in half.

      The reason why I think I'm for the idea of shorts being played before a movie is because we just don't appreciate them anymore. Today I won't leave a rating because they were just seven minute cartoons although I will say they were all excellent and worth watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment