Friday, September 20, 2013

Who could ever love a beast

     It's a tale as old as time, it's a song as old as rhyme. Its a movie that celebrates the beautiful people in life its Beauty and the Beast. This movie is for sure one of my favorite Disney movies of all time and for good reason. The plot is fair tale stuff so I won't rehash it for you guys, but I will say I was embarrassed when Belle and the Beast were dancing in the ballroom and my roommate came in as I was tearing up.

     The reason why this movie stands out from other Disney is for two main reasons the first is the cast this movie is flawless in the casting choices I am constantly blown away by the chemistry they all have (which is odd because the cast is never on the screen as real people). The second reason is the detail every scene seems to be brimming with life I forgot about when I was a child. And the music is top notch I love all the songs but especially be our great and Gaston (the role I played when it was done in Havasu).

       Now that I have briefly covered the magnificence of this film I want to talk about something that makes me think about every time I watch this film. Is this the best version. Because I want all my readers only to know the best of all films. The answer is no the one from the forties is more real o the fairy tale but it is not the same as this film. This movie just has it all, it's one of the top five Disney movies everyone should own along with The Hunchback of Notre Dame, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, Hercules, and Treasure Planet ( I expect hate for this last choice). Go rewatch this movie on Blu-ray and be swept away from it's beauty.

Ebert's score 4 stars
Tyler's score 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment