Wednesday, October 2, 2013

He was training to be a detective

     Today's movie was another Buster Keaton movie and this one was way better than The General today we're talking about Sherlock Jr.. This movie was beyond fantastic in fact I've rarely been silenced by a film and this one did it for me. This movie follows stone faced Buster as he works in a movie house and trying to get a woman to like him. He is framed for a crime and after defeat as a detective he goes bad to a movie house and dreams that he's in the movie and this is the best scene I've seen in a silent movie.

      I know that this movie uses editing to hide stuff and most of this is editing tricks but still I don't want to believe it. In one scene he jumps from a window and quick changes this is shot so you don't see any cuts in the film. In an other shot he jumps through his pals chest I don't even have the words to describe how I felt. Then he rides a bike on the handlebars with no one driving it. Now that I've been around movies for so long I can tell how they do stuff and the magic is sometimes ruined, but this movie made me feel like a child again.

      I don't think I can persuade you enough to watch it, the movie is forty four minutes and on Instant stream on netflix or if you don't have it click the link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC1aD7e4ZHs). Bam!!!

Ebert's score 4 stars

Tyler's score 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment