Friday, October 25, 2013

I just think we owe him a few words, that's all.

     I do not think in the history of movies there has been a better courtroom drama than today's movie although To Kill a Mockingbird comes very close. Today's I watched the masterpiece that is 12 Angry Men. This movie was so great I could hardly contain my emotions. Apparently I can't do this during any movies as I learned from a friend last night. The movie is about a jury who is hearing a murder trial. Once away in their room eleven of the twelve are convinced that the man is guilty. Our hero Juror number eight has a reasonable doubt and the movie is him trying o convince the jury that the man is innocent.

    This movie was very well done and is now one of my favorites. The setting is perfect, the room is cramped and hot. This is done so well that I felt as if I was in the room with them and I didn't want to be. The characters are so well acted I felt as I wasn't watching a movie but a part of the action. The people in this movie are so colorful that they just seem realer than real. This movie is very moving and uses a great deal of suspense. Which is helpful because this movie would be way boring without it.

     This movie is a must for anyone who likes court room dramas, as well as anyone who loves a drama.  This movie is very fun to watch and plays itself as a mystery story with a heart. I think the best part is the fact that you never find out if the man in innocent or if the men in the room reach the right verdict. To be honest I think it doesn't matter much. But seriously rent this piece of gold right now.

Ebert's score 4 stars

Tyler's score 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment