Thursday, October 17, 2013

I don't see any Courry Brand cat food here.

     The Long Goodbye is one of those movies I love. I also love to lie. I hated The Long Goodbye, this movie was a film noir which is total bogus. I would never sit through this again ever. Ebert was wrong about this movie. The movie is about a chain-smoking, wise-cracking, and horrible mumbler. And he solves crimes and other stuff. The movie would make more sense if I could understand anything the main character was saying.

      The film looks grainy at best but it's a seventies movie so I guess that would explain it but is it? The story is so vague that it tried to be a genre film and a pure genre film. And I love a genre film but even most of those have plots. I have nothing good to say and I have nothing to add besides there is no silver lining in this flick. Do not watch. Watch The Maltese Falcon instead.

Ebert's score 4 stars

Tyler's score 0 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment