Monday, October 14, 2013

You stole my cab.

    To begin I am not a fan of commedies I enjoy a select few but most of the time I find them just kind of boring and now days just filled with sex jokes and underdevloeped plots. Today's movie wasn't my normal cup of tea if I'm going to watch a comedy it is going to be dark, proably twisted, and very saterical. Planes, Trains, and Automoblies is none of those things but I still enjoyed it. The story follows a man named Neal Page (Steve Martin) who just needs to get on a plane and fly home in time for Thanksgiving. He misses his cab thanks to Kevin Bacon. When he get's to the airport he meets his opposite Del Griffith (John Candy) and then all the forces on earth try and stop him from getting home in time.

      It's a remarkable cast and it's very fun to see two funny men play both the comedic and the straight role at different times. The movie isn't howlingly funny and it does run out of steam in some scenes but as a whole it is a very funny movie and worth the hour and a half you need to watch this. It is on Netflix instant. The movie needs to be shorter or have nor funny things happen in the middle because as I said it loses steam but it does pick up. If you like screwball stuff this is the flick for you.

     The biggest praise I have for this movie is the cast. The stars make this movie very human feeling especaily John Candy. This is one I will rewatch just because I feel like there is a lot more of himself than Del Griffith on screen and same with Steve Martin. This isn't a four star movie but there is a lot of heart in this one. The more I write about it the more I like it. It is one of thos movies that you should watch not as a study of film but it is a movie you watch to feel hope and to laugh. Tell me your thoughts about this funny mn movie.

Ebert's score 4 stars

Tyler's score 3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment